Sunday, September 14, 2014

NXT's Different Breed: Baron Corbin

   Last Thursday, at Full Sail University, I had the privilege  to witness the reemergence of Baron Corbin during the NXT Takeover PPV.  I have always been a huge fan of Corbin, but this was something amazing to behold. His PPV debut was pure dominance, in a squash match with CJ Parker, that was one of the shortest matches I have seen in years.
   He repeated this same exact feat against Parker again. Friday night at Full Sail during the NXT television taping. This match may been shorter than one the night before! He also had a squash,  match against a fairly unknown to the TV fans, Troy McClain, later in the taping. He has a complete new entrance and I love it! Love all of it, his in ring ability and presence, look and entrance. He has been referred to as NXT's different breed and it is quite apparent why.
  I have been a fan of his from day one.  He is a former NFL player and took the step into WWE developmental a few years ago. Often football players do not evolve well into a true wrestler, but this is definitely not the case with Corbin. Consistently each week, as I would attend the house shows and tapings, I would watch him get better and better. His in ring technique become more solid and move set becoming larger. The one thing he naturally had out of the gate was a ring presence few could match  the NXT roster.
   I knew he was destined for success in the WWE. I have sang praise of him as much as possible when I am featured on TSC News. Finally at Takeover, the world got to witness what I have been saying was coming for a long time. The world finally got see what the different breed of NXT has to offer and that is  complete total domination.
Baron Corbin with the win over CJ Parker, NXT Takeover
 9/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment